Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Final Reflections..







♫Now is the time, for us to say goodbye...♪  This song brings tears to my eyes as I write my final reflection. How does a person reflect upon such a life-altering event such as the one we all experienced together?  So, I will start with the easy question, will I go back.  This answer could not get much simpler than the yes I want to shout to the world.  One of the first things I said to my father when I got back was that I was going to come back as soon as I could.  But now, here is the hard part, explaining how much and in which ways I have changed.  I am a different person now, it is easy to see.  Every aspect about me has changed, from my head to my toes, mostly in my mind and heart though.  My heart has opened up to my new family and shown me a world I never knew existed.  It also opened my heart to the love, joy, laughter, and life of their culture.  This has helped me open my eyes and see that we are all not as different as we seem, and that no one should live in more poverty than others due to how they look or where they live, we are all equals. This has helped me change what I want to do with my life.  I always knew I wanted to help people and make them smile, I just didn't know in what way.  Now, I know I must reach out and help others, it is no longer an option.  Though, now the Peace Corp is an option, as well as learning French hopefully.  My heart is opened to the new friends and family I have, and my second home in Africa.  I cannot truly express how much I have changed, but I can assure you that this will not be my last time in my second home with my second family <3.
Stuck in the airport, goodbyes = sad.








































No comments:

Post a Comment